Monday, February 27, 2006

More than Winners

Another weekend has come and gone, and what awaits me is a brand new day in a couple of minutes away. Perhaps by the time this journal is posted, it is already the brand new day. Truly it was a busy week, and what is before me is yet another busy week with several “datelines”, and I am really grateful to Papa God, He has kept true to me, to my resolution on 19022006.

Yet for the last week, it has not been an easy week for a few of my dear ones, and after watching tonight’s Superhost on Channel U, for the contestants as well, I supposed. That is why I have posted the above image, that we little lambs of the Lord, are the most fortunate, we can always take refuge in His presence, for He stands before every wave and trouble that comes before us. (The above image was inspired by a song during worship.)

In life, we face challenges, and there are occasions, I can’t say that it is many, but it does happen, at that precise moment when unfortunate circumstances happen, such as injustice seems to triumph, that we feel adamant towards it, and yet not able to do anything about it, we feel extremely frustrated, as if we want to take matter into our own hands, almost to the extent of taking revenge.

I just witnessed such an incident a while ago. My mom and I were just having a good time watching the Superhost. We noted one talented competitor, and undoubtedly, he scored the highest and won the praise of one of the judges. We were almost so sure that he was to win the competition, when at the last moment of announcing the winner, an unexpected competitor turned out to be the champion, not that she put in an exceptional performance, but she won in the general voting by the viewers. It was really sad to watch, and we could not bring ourselves to rejoice with the winner. We felt great injustice actually performed right in front of us. This was perhaps one of those really rare occasion that I saw my mom being “angry” and frustrated with the show, that she said if she knew anyone from the papers, she would definitely complain, and she was trying to instigate me to write an email to complain about the final result. (And I guess this is the best I can do, to post her frustration on my blog.) It was sad, nothing to rejoice, but a heart that regretted having watched such a dumb show, as if we were cheated of our precious time, watching an episode of injustice performed on stage.

That brought me to another episode that my dear friend is facing. She must have felt extremely sad and disappointed, angry and frustrated even, for being accused of things that she has never done, and there seems to be no one upholding justice for her. I felt angry and frustrated too. Friend, cheer up, I know without a shadow of doubt that all things will always work together for good for we are His beloved! And vengeance belongs to the Lord! Just put our trust in Him, man! Surely, I believe with all my heart, that when one door is closed, it is closed for our good, and another door will definitely be opened for us. Be assured, He stands before all our troubles! And my nieces, don’t be afraid, you have stepped out in faith on new journeys in lives, entering into new phases of life that you have never really experienced before, yet I know with all my heart, He is there with you, as you step into the “unknown”, He will reveal His faithfulness to you, even when we are faithless, He remains faithful.

A while ago, I also had a chat with my niece over MSN, and that is when she reminded me that, for so many of those past competitions such as Singapore idols, etc, it is almost always the runner up that is better, and finally outshine the winner later on in life. And yes, after reflecting on that, that is so true, the runner up may end up being the real winner finally, at the end of the day, several years down the road. So nothing is final yet, we are still in the race, and no one knows who is the final winner, only Him, for He is the one who writes our stories, and truly, He makes us more than conquerors! Jia You!

(Sorry, this journal sounds a bit preachy, friends, forgive me! I just hope to encourage a few of my dear ones!)

1 comment:

dorcas said...

my fren,i was disappointed that the best contestant did not win too..! i believe many viewers did not rejoice in the second/third best person's victory. i believe his popularity will eventually supercede hers. anyway, the future of pple i noe (my family & frens) is much MORE important than these superhosts. the Lord shall rain His blessings upon us continually, amen!