Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Baggy Business Continued...Final Episode

I am on medical leave today, just a little redness in the eye since yesterday. (Actually I am so well and healthy, able to walk and run, I can even go shopping if not for the fact that I would be abusing my medical leave which was meant for resting, I just didn’t feel like working in a dry air-conditioned office staring into the computer for 8.5 hours, anyway, I hope my boss would not happen to read this, but then, shopping to me is a form of resting too!) Come to think of it, for several occasions for the past 3 years, when I was on medical leave, I still dragged my feet to work due to all the “datelines”, thus I thought might as well give myself a break today since I am officially given a day off by my doctor.

Despite of the slight discomfort, I am extremely thrilled and happy since yesterday, remember my journal “my baggy business”? I didn’t like to end that episode without giving any idea as to what happen to my dream bag, so here it is, my humble attempt. From then till yesterday, I came across another bag which was much to my liking, but as my habit is, I would let it stay for a few days, and if I still like it, I would then go and buy. This is another of such a bag, as the price is again beyond $40 even after a rather huge discount, so need careful thinking, to consider whether the bag is of more value than my parting with my money. Anyway, it stayed on my mind, and I went to get it, and much to my dismay, it was gone again! Finally, after gathering enough courage, I asked the sale assistant if I could get it anywhere else, as this was terrible to have such similar happenings occurring to me twice within 1 month!

The sale assistant was really helpful, checking out with the main office, explaining to me that they have taken that design back to the warehouse, and it would be available in the following week at one of the branch only. With a little disappointment in my heart, I ventured to ask, then the “SALE” will be over by then, and she affirmed me that there might be a better deal then, however, she sort of instructed me to go to that branch preferably on Monday. And that was what I did yesterday, even when my site meeting ended really late, I still went to take a look. And you know what? Papa God answered me way beyond my wildest imagination, even in such a small, insignificant situation as to a bag! All the bags at that branch, regardless of size, shape and colors, were selling at $15 each! That brand of bags was never so cheap before, even when it was still not that well known a few years ago as compared to now! I was overwhelmed, touched, beyond words of what the Lord had done for me. I could have gotten 3 bags with the same price I had to pay a few days ago! So I shared the unspeakable joy with all my nieces, sister and mom, buying a total of 5 bags and 2 blouses in the end, all for less than $100.

And you know what? Now, whenever I look at that bag, I am reminded again of how man’s disappointment can turn out to be God’s appointment, and how all things will always work together for good for those whom He loves! (I am no longer mad about that bag I like in the previous episode, so I am glad I didn’t get it.) And this new bag I have gotten will always be a reminder of His love, of how much my Lord, my Shepherd loves me, and that He is my Shepherd, I shall not want (which means I shall not suffer lack or be in want). Thank You, my dearest Lord and Shepherd, You answer way beyond all I could ever imagine or think! And yes, Blessed Valentine’s Day! The greatest Lover, my Lord!

1 comment:

dorcas said...

wow, a wonderful testimony..! now i know who to consult if ever i wanna hunt for bags at a good bargain..! hee.. heee...!