Saturday, February 11, 2006

Reunions

As a family, we always celebrate my mom's birthday based on the Chinese lunar calender, as her birthday falls on the 15th day of Chinese New Year, making it an extraordinary occasion to celebrate. We have a wonderful family reunion dinner today (brought forward a day as Saturday is much preferred than Sunday for all family members). Making up of an extended family of 18 persons (plus 2 more if we would include all our domestic helpers), we require 2 tables. Not a fanciful expensive dinner, just a simple meal at the "zhi2 cha4" stall (those stall that sell dishes such as hor fun and seafood, etc) near our place. Definitely it wasn't the food that matters the most, but the wonderful time of bonding we all experienced in the process. My mom is very thrifty and not very particular about food, therefore where we eat, or the ambience of the place whatsoever, does not really matter much to her, but what matters most to her is that she enjoys the presence of her family, get to see her children and grandchildren coming together, having dinner with her, for I know my mom, the traditional Chinese woman, where family matters more than anything to her, even more than her own life, I believe.

I also had a wonderful time of catching up with some old friends whom I knew for 13 years, university classmates cum church pals, today as well. Just a simple cosy lunch, lots of catching up and chatting, encouraging one another, and plenty of jokes to share. When was the last time? I could not remember and I felt a bit nostalgic, and yes, I am looking forward to the next catching up/encouraging session. Friends, we should meet up often, don't you think so? At least twice a year, and please consider my proposal, our superband competition and holiday together next year!

Come to think of it, I have another session of catching up tomorrow at an artist-cum-church friends' place, to take a look at their new art works, not that we are the "arty" type of persons or has a taste to appreciate art, I felt that we are just finding every occasion to catch up with one another, to have a good time fellowshipping, and yes, I am really looking forward to it.

Another one came to my mind suddenly, I think I have another such session next Saturday, meeting friends from secondary school, friends I knew for close to 20 years. Amazing, how time flies! My old secondary school friends, are you all keen to join us next Saturday?

In fact, since end of last year, I just had this warm feeling that this year would be a year for me to catch up with many old friends, friends that once matter a lot to me in my life, friends that had and are still playing a great part in my life, be it in the form of encouragement, love, fun, and through troubled times. And yes, how those beautiful faces of my friends brought back such keen wonderful, lovely memories of the past, thanks pals, for being there in my lives, you all are great! You all are wonderful, lovely presents, wrapped in different packaging by the Lord for me, and yes, forgive me for being pretty busy for the past few years, yet you all will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you, Thank God for you. Let's meet up more often, not for anything else, but to find comfort and encouragement in one another, reminding one another how much we are loved by the Lord! And yes dear friends, have a blessed week ahead! And thanks for dropping by! Some things are better expressed in written words rather than spoken words, such as now, for I am a bit shy (whether you believe it or not).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:):):) yah had a great time yesterday catching up with all of you... huh? (*__*) only twice a year?! :O that's definitely too little!! ;D
+ ... thank you too... really glad to be back... special moments like yesterday's just reaffirm it.. really thankful to Him too for a special precious friend like you ^__^
meanwhile, continue to bask in His wonderful love for you & jia u!
P(^__^)P

wei2 said...

Thanks for the SMS. I thought it was "thelittledreamingsheep".. Ha Ha. I enjoyed myself thoroughly at the 2 gatherings with our 13-years & 20-years friends. Such moments are so precious. Thanks for organising the first one and inviting me to the second. And O yes... about the Holidays next year, I'll think about it but as for the superband thingy... er... Let me know if you are taking part. I'll make a big banner to support you. :)