Saturday, March 04, 2006

Simple Weekend


I am not ashamed to say, I am into gadgets, almost a fanatic, and I actually enjoy reading reviews of new IT gadgets. The above is one of my toys I bought more than a year ago, just only 6 months after I bought my first digital camera. And yes this camera has been faithful to me, serving me for my job's need, running to several places overseas with me. But most of all, it has captured many of my most unforgettable moments for the last year, especially times I spent with my family, such as Christmas, Chinese New Year, my mom's birthday, or for no special occasion but to just capture those special moments of delights we all had together as a family. I am the photographer for my family.

It's finally Saturday today, a day I had been looking forward to. I was pretty caught up with work for the past week and I finally have a little time now to indulge in this small luxury of penning my thoughts. I love simple weekend like today. I took a little time in the morning to oversleep till about 10am, before I reluctantly dragged myself up, after seeing carpets in my dream just before I awoke. I must have been so caught up with presenting the selection of carpets to my client the day before that I had such dream, this is the "ills" of my profession.

In the late morning, I spent some precious time with my sister, shopping at the nearby shopping centre after we had our favourite breakfast at Ah Kun Toast. And then I spent 2 to 3 hours in the afternoon reading comics, finishing 2 books! As time drew nearer to the late afternoon, all my brothers and sister-in-laws, most nieces and nephews, except for one, came and we all had a nice simple dinner together.

Now, I am finally all alone at home, while all of them have either gone home or went to my brother's place for a time of some games together. I love tranquil moment like now, time of solitude, spending some time alone, and yet not alone, but with my Lord, counting my blessings. I am truly blessed. This life of simplicity I treasured. I love the time together with my family, I love the time being alone. I enjoy my life.

Often, several times a week, I would look around my little flat and I begin to thank the Lord for this little abode I live in. I thank Him for my family, so full of unselfish love for one another. I thank Him for a wonderful place of worship where I am reminded of His love for me every week. I thank Him for friends that surround me in time of joy and laughter, and in time of needs. I thank Him for a job that I enjoy doing (most of the time). I thank Him for life, for the ability to see, hear, feel, touch and taste. But most of all, I thank Him for giving me hope to live, a promise of a wonderful future, an eternity to be spent together with Him. I am thankful, I am glad. And yes, I have captured many of these unspeakable joyous moments into little images with my camera, to remind myself time and again, that indeed I am blessed, I am truly fortunate to be loved by Him.

1 comment:

dorcas said...

dear hoo hoo,

so nice to bump into you at church on sunday. too bad i was rushing to pick my son from children's church, so couldn't stop to chat. even so, i felt like we had been talking, thanks to your blog, i was able to read about events circling you and those around you. God bless!