Thursday, June 02, 2005

Art & Masterpiece

Most people have the opinion that Music has no boundary, is beyond language, racial and cultural barriers. True. On the other hand, art is often recognized as reserved for the rich and famous, the elite, the refined and cultured few. Today, I would like to give Art a mouth, and attempt to offer a little different perspective towards Art, as in visual art, art that is seen and felt.

Spare me a moment or two, look around you now, every object that you see is conceived by someone, who perhaps has to go through several attempts before it is materialized into reality. The power of our imagination, that separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom, Man has the ability to imagine and create.

Art is around you everyday, in every area of your life, if I dare say so. Art is not something that you see only in the museum. (I am not belittling artists here, having 2 fine artist friends, I appreciate their works and ideals greatly.) I have a friend, who puts it her heart and soul in presenting every present she buys for her friends. Whenever I received a gift from her, I could hardly bear to remove the beautiful wrapping, it itself is an artwork, an expression of her love and effort she put into presenting it. Art has a mouth, art is a language of love.

Yet, the greatest masterpieces are with you every single day. Let me offer you a few examples. I have never stopped being amazed by the beauty of the sky, everyday, almost every moment, it is different, being the greatest canvas you can ever behold. Morning, noon, dusk. Perhaps we have been surrounded by so great an artwork everyday, that we lose sight of its beauty and start taking it for granted.


Now I bring you to observe a micro image, behold a leaf. Its beautiful structure, in the form of its veins, patterns and colors put me to shame many a times. There was once long time ago, I was so upset that despite of all my hard work and effort to put together my design for my architectural project, I finally realized that I would never ever produced something that surpassed in beauty when compared to a simple leaf even. That was the point I come to the end of my own self-achievement.

Finally, I bring you to the most beautiful creation in the universe – YOU. You are the most beautiful artwork the universe has ever behold. You were made with great love and tender care. The rest of the creation stood in awe when you were born. You are special, there is no other one like you on this earth, no two You, for You are unique, a treasure forever in His sight. You are His MASTERPIECE of love!

No comments: