Sunday, May 14, 2006

Holiday!

Just a few more days, and this blog would have entered it's first birthday, time really flies, how a year ago a crazy idea just came on me and I started this, as a mean to encourage myself to draw, and in fact, I had truly drawn, close to 80 number of illustrations have been published. The time spent drawing them was a time of reflection, enjoying the Shepherd, and a comfort to me, especially during those occasions when things did not seem to go very well. Now and then as I flipped through those illustrations, I could remember the stories behind them, and how many times the Lord has been ever so faithful. These illustrations have become my picture diary.

After two really hectic and almost crazy weeks, I took upon myself to make sure I had some good rest, with the double good news that the past week came with a public holiday on a Friday. Yet, I must be out of my normal mind that I actually signed up to help out with my church's game activity on a public holiday, a bit like the famous "Amazing Race" game show, but this one was based in Singapore and we were to travel by MRT. Instead of resting physically, I ended up with ache in my leg muscle. Despite of that, it was truly quite fun, getting to know more people (something I am always very shy in doing), and most of all, I felt almost like a kid again, away from the normal "hyper" serious work environment.

And for yesterday, I simply rest completely at home, watching TV, resting from the ache, do a bit of work and research, and end off the day having a family dinner at my brother's place, which I had not done for the past few weeks. The simple pleasure in life. And today being Mother's day, I had a simple dinner with my mom at a restaurant, though both of us were not very satisfied due to the long wait. Now as I look forward to the following week, I felt I have rested, all thank to my Shepherd, to face the week ahead, resting in His rest.

You too have a blessed week! Actually, I am a bit reluctant to publish today, as I felt like keeping today's illustration for another day, just in case I am too lazy to draw during "another day", yet then... This illustration is only suitable for today... And yes, I am looking forward for a wonderful day to have a simple rest away from the every day chore in life, just like the above illustration (which was inspired after watching the concert last Wednesday)... soon, very soon.

1 comment:

dorcas said...

dear soo hoon,

i love tis illustration veri much..! the sheep (you) looks so relaxed and happy lying in the hammock, so cute..!!