Friday, May 12, 2006

He Carries Me

A week of long working hours, from 9am to 1am, was finally over, and I felt despite of the apparent “hardship” of design, I thank my Shepherd for actually carrying me through it all. It was not exactly easy, a mixture of enjoyment, stress, under pressure, lack of sleep and confidence hit me throughout the week. The pressure was self-imposed, at times forgetting that I am just a little lamb whose task in life is just to follow the Shepherd, and all the while I was trying so hard on my own to build my dream, forgetting that Jesus is the only one who can fulfill a lifetime dream. Lord, only You, Lord.

When it was finally over last Wednesday, I was so tired, I felt I could almost sleep anywhere, yet I dragged myself to watch a concert that I have gotten the ticket earlier on, thinking that the likelihood of me sleeping through the concert was extremely high. The wonder of all wonders was, I came out of the concert, so refreshed, so awake (my Shepherd must have given me a super fast recharged), that I finished drawing 2 little lamb cartoons before I went off to bed on that same "awake" day (as it overshot into the next day technically speaking if based on proper calendar and time), and the above was just one of the two.

As I looked back, I wonder how I would ever have come through it all without Him. I wonder where did all the strength and energy came from to fulfill the insurmountable task? I wonder, but finally I cast it to Him to take charge, for unless He builds the house, I labour in vain, and yes, only Him alone I rest.

Just a short note today, thanks for all of you, dear ones, who have kept me in prayer during this time, and most of all thank You Lord, that You look beyond all my faults and short tempers, and continue to bless me and love me, for I have been made the righteousness of God through You, and You alone. Thank You.

No comments: