Friday, July 29, 2005

Wedding bells



Those of you who knew my busy schedule for this week would be surprise to see this blog today plus a picture somemore! (Actually I still have 2 backup comics in my picture bank, and I drew this about a month ago, just haven’t got the time to sit down and write the related topic properly) I am really very encouraged when I finally see “3 comments” in my blog. Thanks, pals. Before I go to the topic proper, I just want to give a short update on the past 4 days, how time flies, these 4 days felt like months!

I finally finished all the hassle of buying my light fittings, hating them, calling up consumer rights to see if I can change my light fittings, wrote complaint email to the light fitting shop demanding to have just those light fittings that I have paid as deposit ($300) rather than having all 10 of them ($800 actual purchase). In the end, I still lose, but I think it is a better interior design now (as all things will work together for good for me in Christ), after I have went back to changed almost 80% of my own selection.

Also, within these short span of 4 days, I was given another project to do, adding up a total of 6 projects plus to be a member in one of the committees in my office! (3 to 4 is ideal, 5 my limit, 6 is beyond me! 7 is perfect but fit for God only!) Not sure to cry or to rejoice, guess some of you know what I mean. But I finally “broke down” as I really felt totally helpless, so much to do, so little time, so tired, so frustrated, and therefore today I wrote a long email to my boss, asking him to either reduce my workload or give me another assistant. (6 projects to be shared between myself and my present lovely assistant, even if I am superwoman, I doubt I can handle, I again reached my limit, and again, I sounded like a broken record, brought it up to my boss again, yet this time in an email. One thing I simply don’t understand, this felt like a vicious cycle, it happens every 3 months.) Still, I love what I am doing, except as I always say, the long hours associated with it. Papa God, help! Only You can!

While listening to my 2 favourite songs now, I shall start on the actual topic. The following is dedicated to 3 good friends of mine, they all play a part in my life, and they are getting married in the following 2 to 3 months. Friends, this picture is dedicated to you, hope you like it.

Friend 1
Among all 3, you are the one that I knew the longest since college. Really happy for you. We hardly meet up these days, yet I can always remember those days in school, how you stand up to talk in class, you will definitely straighten your skirt, tidy your hair before you attempt to talk, really look like what your present profession demands, I can almost imagine you standing in court, tidying your shirt and your hair, and the firm look on your face. Congratulation! May the days ahead be more beautiful, and most of all, my prayer for you is that you may come to know the greatest love of all, the love of Jesus!

Friend 2
It’s been a long time since we talk, though I always see you. I am really encouraged to see how you mature, how you grow, and the passion and love that comes forth from you. Though these days we hardly catch up, you will always be a dear sister to me. (I remembered I learnt this particular trick from you during practice, not sure if you still remember, how you use the tongue to move the cheek from the inside, and using the finger to touch the cheek on the outside side, to pretend as if it is your finger that pushes the cheek, not sure if you still remember? This needs a little demonstration, very hard to explain in words.)

Friend 3
I knew you from that memorable church camp about 3 years ago, where I met many dear friends whom I really cherished, that camp was really fun because of you people. It was an answer to a prayer of mine, and you are one of them, that is, to get to know friends who I can always share wonderful times together, by just being myself, nothing to hide, no need to talk about architecture, and these are my bible studies buddies.

You and your hushand-to-be sure make a lovely couple; the picture above was drawn imagining you both on a motorbike! Do you like it?


Conclusion
Congratulation, dear friends! Jesus loves you all deeply! May His love be the love that holds the marriage together!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I know who is Friend 2. :)

Persevere, sister, insofar as workload is concerned. May His strength be with you.

Anonymous said...

wow, your friends are so blessed... =D felt touched to read this even though im not one of them... hehe...

His grace is sufficient for you, rest in that promise! just know that when things get overwhelming, His grace is much more abundant... love ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Suyun. Am really happy that you can make it for my wedding dinner. Very honoured especially you are so busy at work. I understand how you feel about being overwhelmed by having so much to do and so little time. I feel so tired at times I just break down. Usually it helps as it relieves the built up frustration and stress. I feel this way even though (for which I am really thankful) my future hubby-to-be is very supportive of me and always so patient with me. Anyway, u take care!

wanping

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear Friend!
It warms my heart to hear from you, I'm very touched by the fact that you cherished this friendship even after so many years. Just the other day I was looking at the photoframe You & WeiWei made, how funny we looked back then. Jesus is so good, He's fills us up so that we will bear fruits... none of self but all of Him!!
Friend 2