Sunday, July 10, 2005

Serendipity

Do you like the slight change to the blog? I have been trying to find out how to add some simple background to the blog for quite sometime! I am a slower learner. I have attempted searching the web on how to change the background for a few weeks, even till past midnight for a couple of times, yet to no avail.

It is always interesting to note that many a times, the solution will find you out when you least tried to do it on your own. And this is one of those occasions again, that I stumbled on a website that taught one how to do it, even with a demo page that you can practice with side by side. This is what my pastor called “serendipity”, that is, making fortunate discoveries by accident. According to the dictionary, the word came from a Persian fairy tale about three princes of Serendip who kept making discoveries when they traveled.

Isn’t this so common in life? Just like I discover that there is such a thing as a blog one day in an article I read, and I was thinking to myself, “Hei, I can use that too!” And this is how this blog first came into being. Or another incident that happened recently, I received an email from a particular brand of product that asked its members to take part in a “Try and Buy” contest for a newly launched mp3 player, and I thought, “why not, no harm, just an email anyway.” And I won and got the chance to buy the mp3 player for 60% of the actual price after trying it, if I liked it. Or perhaps you too experienced this before. Maybe you had previously tried so hard, searching high and low for a lost item, and it seemed nowhere to be found, and then out of nowhere, you suddenly found that lost item.

At that moment, you might just felt you were actually at the right place at the right time. You felt Someone divine was holding your hands leading you every step of the way. You felt that Someone was there, putting little gifts along the pavement as you moved along, intending for you to discover them.

In fact, I believe life should be so all the time, if we would actually allow our eyes to be open, to see what we already have in life, how blessed we are. We have families, we have friends and the fact that you are reading this, means that you have access to the internet, perhaps even own the computer, able to read, and most likely able to write because you have been blessed to receive an education.

Anyway, guess this is enough of my babbling, time to go to bed. Still, I am so glad now that I have learnt how to add picture background to my blog, I shall change the background every now and then, dressing it up to create different “ambience”. Hope you like it too. Perhaps next time, another “serendipity” incident may happen again, I may learn to put in my own flash animation and post it online? Or anyone care to teach me?

No comments: