Thursday, July 07, 2005

My Favourite Songs

Just want to write on something light hearted today. From the links here, it is not difficult to know what kind of music I listen to and whose fan I am. Have you ever heard a piece of music or a song, and suddenly you realised the vision before you blurred and your eyes are filled with tears, not due to a sense of sorrow, but a deep sense of gratitude. This does not happen often, but it occurs occasionally, and when it does, you just simply wish to find someone to share this wonderful piece of music with, and this is how I feel at times.

2 or 3 years ago, I happened to catch a group of 5 young men “Tension” performing a piece of A cappella cum rap for the song “Amazing Grace” on TV, and it blew me away, it was so beautiful! (I love A cappella, for it uses one of the best musical instruments in the world, our vocal cords, that God has given us to bring forth a “well-blended” song, which I never seem to master during my time in the choir.) So during one of my trips to China, I bought a compilation album of their songs. I enjoyed quite a number of the songs within, some of the songs still mean so much to me even after a year of listening to them. “My Angel” is one of them, and I hope it means just as much to you, if you would give this song an opportunity to express itself.
(I tried my best to translate the beautiful lyrics into English, but if possible, read the original version, as the meaning may be diluted as a result of my translation.)

I am a “shy” David Tao’s fan, greatly admire his boldness and “frankness”, in terms of his music and attitude. However I am not one of those diehard fans. I only started enjoying his music about 3 years ago. I bought his recent controversial album. My personal opinion, many of his songs are not easy to digest on the first hearing, it takes time to enjoy and it grows better with each time you listen, just like a good tasting herbal soup, it lingers. “Love Can” is one of those. I remembered a couple of days ago, I was listening to it on my long walk home from the bus stop, I almost wanted to walk back and start my journey afresh to have another dose of the song. It is so warm hearted that it manages to put a smile on my face even after a long day’s work.

I shall not write too much, as nothing can evoke the same emotion till you hear it for yourself. Just one final word, I love these songs, for they are constant reminders of His great love towards me, being my everlasting Star, and giving me wings to fly! (They are not gospel songs.)

(Due to copyright reasons, I can only offer the lyrics and the links below, and hopefully if you have time to spare, do drop by those links and enjoy them. If you could not find the song in the list, you can try a page down or do a "search" within the same page to find. And if you like them, do buy them.)

My Angel
Love Can

No comments: