Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Beginning of My Long Awaited Rest

It was an adrenaline high week, working till the wee hours into the night, perhaps later than what I would do when I was working officially in an office setup. However, this time, it was different, I was not paid for what I was doing, the funnier thing was I even had to start investing in a new printer, etc etc, to accomplish the work. Yet for a long time since perhaps mid of last year, I again enjoyed designing. This time, I design for an imaginary client, with my Shepherd as my Employer and my friends, as my co-partners. It was fun, cool in fact, that we all went through a lesson trusting in the Lord, entrusting the entire project into His hands, after all, many of us are not trained, and God's grace is truly amplified as a result, because when we are weak, then we are strong, and it is not by might, nor by power but by His Spirit, and we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!

In fact, it was almost immediately upon my leaving of my previous job that I hop on this train to take up this fun adventure with my friends, and I am really thankful to them for joining me in this expedition, almost with no hesitation from them, must be God! And most of all, the fun and fellowship we all derived from it as a result was rewarding. And for me, I was able again to indulge in designing, using my imagination to dream up and create spaces, for the enjoyment of mankind. It was truly fun indeed, how I missed designing of such kind, I am sort of reminded that this is what I like most about my occupation.

Now that we had finished the task, I am going to truly take a break, prepare my portfolio and start writing resumes. (Actually, my dream is I don't have to write a single resume and be employed.... who knows?) I think I would start doing this this comng week but ask for a deferment to start work in June? And at the same time, I hope to start drawing my comics and fulfilled a little dream, etc during this break. Meanwhile, do support me, I took part in a comic competition, and I sent 3 wall papers and 1 comic. Do go vote for me, k? My comic is very easily recognisable, it is the little lamb series and the style is similar to those I have been posting in this blog. The link as follows:

(Just a point to note, they spell my name wrongly.... they added an extra "n" to my name.... somehow I can never understand why people tend to add a "n" or remove a "n" from my name, it happens to me all the time, even when I was working, my clients and consultants tend to spell my name wrongly even when my email address shows my name in full!!!!! sigh)

My 3 wall papers title are : Friends forever, I can fly, Carefree
My comic title is:Sheepish Dreamer
Do support me! Thanks a million! Would really appreciate that!

Recently, been thinking a lot, perhaps not writing as much, and most likely I would write on them in the next journal. Two questions:

What is life, and why are we in this world? (I knew the reason years ago the moment Jesus found me and with that I went ahead and enjoy living with little fears of the unknown, or question about the "other world"and I had sort of taken the answer for granted, until I began to realise that many people around me actually did not know the purpose of living, and that is why some are still haunted by this question, which is good.)

What kind of architect I would want to be? I can briefly write this now, in a summarised version, I want to be an architect that designs good, sensitive buildings, no longer just merely focusing on the visual, but more for the good of mankind.... very noble dream I suppose, but I really mean it.... hahahah, only by the grace of God can this be accomplished.

Guess I would write on the first question in the next journal.... if I am led to... cheers! Have a blessed fun filled week ahead, and a great time with the Shepherd! Finally my resting time has come! Yeah!

No comments: