Monday, January 29, 2007

In Christ Alone

"In Christ Alone", a beautiful song and one of my favourites, was sung on Sunday, drawing the lyrics again to my attention. This song has hardly ever failed to touch me. For the past week, with the more than crazy work schedule, there were a few occasions I caught myself, that I had almost forgotten who it was that has brought me through all the past years, and almost for a short moment, I relished in my achievements, almost thinking that it was by my own strength and power that has gotten me thus far. How scary that sounded to me and woe to me to ever think that by my own self effort or "intelligence", that I can ever amount to anything if not for His grace in my life. Many successes in life comes almost supernaturally natural, making it ever so easily mistaken as our own achievement, yet for many circumstances, Someone who loves us dearly must have intervened, translated, diverted, etc our steps and actions to cause all these successes to come to past.

Reaching home every night after 11pm for the past week, a day out celebrating friends' birthdays, and the Sunday night at a colleague's wedding, exhausted me, not to mention that I tried to force myself to stay awake to catch one of my favourite TV dramas late last night, falling asleep several times in the short 1 hour period. I think I am tired, truly am. And this also partly explains the delay in publishing this blog. And yet again, I am totally grateful that despite of this all, my Shepherd has always seen me through every challenge that comes along the way. Yet for now, I hope the pace for this week will slow down a little, for me to recuperate, regain some strength and catches some sleep and reading.

Lastly I always love this song, but it has never occured to me that I can actually illustrate a song. As I was dwelling on the lyrics, the above image came across my mind, and here it is, my imagination into reality here. Hope for your week ahead, that you too catch a glimpse of this eternal truth, "Christ in me, the hope of glory". Only in Him, I can do all things, only in Him. Cheers! "In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross!"

No comments: