Saturday, February 03, 2007

Chef For A Day

Papa God has been faithful to all my little cries, and truly for the past week, the demand and pace in my work has slowed down a little, and I can afford to rest a bit. Yet in the midst, I came down with a flu, running nose and a slight sore throat, it is the little things as such that ruined perhaps a much needed break, after approximately 2 weeks of hardly any rest in between. Perhaps it is also a little reaction from the body crying out for a break? Thank God for a speedy recovery, I went to bed at 9pm on Wednesday and had a good 10 hours sleep to 7am the next morning.

Just a little fragmented thought of mine today, we, people of modern-life, have come to a stage in our lives that we can almost no longer devote our full attention to a single task. This afternoon, as I was attempting to write something for this blog, plus converting some cd into mp3 format, and surfing the net to source for some items, I realised that I was multi-tasking. In the end, I did not manage to complete any of the tasks that I set out to do completely, whole-heartedly, this is the disheartening part of modern age. Even as I pondered on this, it was brought to my attention that even our computer function similarly. Although in many cases, we subject it to do several tasks at the same time, yet because it is multi-tasking, it runs slower for each task, guess you must have noticed this. Try opening several windows at the same time, each running a different program, you will realise that the speed substantially slows down for each. Even with the new series of duo core system, it seems this is still happening, guess it is simply reflecting a simple principle of life. It is better to stay focus on one and do it to the best then doing several things at the same time and none is well done. Selah.

The above is just a thought that flew through my mind today. Enough of that, my colleagues and I were all "dolled" up with a common theme on Friday for our D&D, in chef's hats and plastic disponsable aprons, and we all looked simply adorable seated together around a table. Armed with fake utensils and real vegetables, just like the above illustration. Don't you think we must have looked really cute? We did have a great time. Much to my surprise, all at first who seemed least interested in dressing up for the occasion, all ended up with so great enthusiasm on the actual day, united in one accord, hopeful to win a prize, but the ultimate aim to really enjoy ourselves. It was great! (Note: If only we can be so united even when we are working...., but somehow we are getting there... real soon, grace grace!) And yap, the above illustration is specially for all of my colleagues who have dressed up as chefs together!

No comments: