Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Beginning 2007

It is yet another busy week at work, despite of the fact that it is a 3-working day week, immediately after a long weekend due to the holiday season. For the past 3 weeks, even up till today, I had 3 gatherings with friends, consisting of church friends and old classmates of 20 years ago. Suddenly time seems to fly back to the past, as we looked back and savor the past memories and did quite a bit of catching up, and even looking forward to the next gathering. Trying to get in touch with some old friends seem almost quite impossible these days, after losing contact for 20 years, unless we did a paper advertisement to locate some of them. God help us!

Taking a slight step of faith this year, working less (in terms of hours), and trusting Papa God to provide for me as a result of my decision, yet He will and has remained faithful, as I learn to trust Him as my pay master. This year I hope to embark on a crazy idea that I thought of last year. It still sounds crazy to me now, but I would still want to do it. Meanwhile, I am literally taking a stand to rest more this year, being the 7th year I started working, therefore taking a "sabbatical" year, and see His faithfulness towards me, and also allow my body to have a break, less toil and less stress, after subjecting her to high stress environment for the past few years. Not to say that there is no joy in my work, I still must emphasize that I love my job, just that it is taking too much strength out of me at times. Time to recuperate and be recharged and refreshed.

Finally, the above is an illustration I drew for my colleague. I found it very appropriate for the first illustration for this year, to express a desire to spend a little more time with my Shepherd, hearing from Him, reading His love letters.

Lastly, cheers to everyone! Cheers to a great year ahead, a brand new beginning! Our Shepherd goes before us for us already, to make sure that it is good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dear hoo hoo... oops, i mean, soo hoon. juz wanna thank you for the stand-up card, love the pic of yr Shepherd drawing. it's displayed on my shoe cabinet temp'ry bcos my table is cluttered up at de moment. thanks for de thotful gift, wish my own hands were as talented...

dorcas said...

er... why is my name "hokkien" back there? puzzle...