Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My Baggy Business: All things work together for good


Have you ever felt this way before, that you are so close and yet so far? I met 2 such events this week, but I will elaborate on one only, the other is strictly confidential. I can't say I am a shopaholic, but I do enjoy shopping, especially for shoes and bags, though I hardly ever spend more than a hundred dollar on either, in fact most hardly cost more than fifty dollars each (so that I can buy more!).

Since last year, while shopping for Christmas presents, I spotted a rather beautiful and useful bag, that I thought it would be nice to have, though it was never a need, just a want (I never lack bags, I have quite a number). Yet as the price of it exceeded what I would normally spend on a bag, I put it aside. However, somehow, the bag just grew on me, and suddenly it turned into something to desire. Finally, to get it over and done with, I decided to get it despite of the cost after Christmas, however, it was all sold out, at all branches that I happened to pass by. In fact, it was no longer just an issue of passing by, but a deliberate detour to several of its branches. Therefore, sort of out of compensation for my loss, I scouted around for another bag not that I desperately needed one but to reduce the disappointment slightly (in fact I ended up with 2 bags in the process).

Yet, just 2 days ago, on my way walking to work from the mrt station to my office, i spotted the desired bag again, back on the shelf! For that split moment, I wished the shop was opened, and for once, regardless of the price, I was determined to get it. But since it was only 9am, I decided I would come back to get it during lunchtime. With great anticipation and happiness, knowing finally that after a month of "pining" for that bag, I was finally able to put my hand unto it. With a speedy lunch, I walked at a quicken pace towards the shop, heading straight to the shelf, however, from a distance, it seemed missing, for a moment, I thought my eyes might have played a trick on me.

But it was truly GONE! I couldn't believe my eyes! It was there a few hours ago, I was sure! I went straight to the sales assistant, sort of "demanding" the bag, for my eyes could not have tricked me in seeing the bag earlier of! And to my utter "disappointment", I was a few hours late (maybe 2 hours only), that was the last piece that they managed to find from their warehouse, and it was bought by a lady who was also looking for it! Utter "disappointment"! It was so close to be mine! So close... Have you ever felt that way before? As in you have worked so hard for something, and suddenly all the due rewards went to someone else? I felt a little like that for that split second.

Yet, all thanked to Papa God, I picked myself up (or rather He picked me up), and was reminded that "all things will work together for good", and yes indeed, though I may not understand why this little episode would happen, but I know Papa God must have something better, or a better deal for me! Many a times, man's disappointment may turn out to be God's appointment for He has something better in store for us! So, don't feel defeated or sad if you face any disappointment this week, because one thing I am sure, He will never let us be put to shame, for those who put their trust in Him. Therefore, I shall await patiently for my dream bag...

(Side track, He may just drop it by my bedside while I sleep tonight.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi yi, which bag tat caused u to like it so much.. It muz b a v.useful n practical n nice bag.. I m curious to find out e design of e bag.. haha..

Yes, for me I experience it as well. I saw a Nike bag.. Looks like leather but is not with zip (Best, coz eversince my HP was being pickpocketed, I wan to buy bags w zips..) I 1st saw my fren carrying it and it just attracted me that Nike a sports brand have such a classy bag.. Then some days ltr, Roger bought me a Nike jacket n I tink if I have e bag, it will match so well w e jacket.. So I went all over bird, n all Nike stores to look for tat bag in white color since my jacket is white color also.. (e base color is white n gold) Unfortunately, e bag was sold out quite long ago.. despite e high price.. $89 for a non-leather bag..
I even went online to search for e bag in case I can SHIP it in frm somewhere else!! Thank God, I went Yahoo auctions n found e bag unfortunately, it was not e real one.. But is Ok.. since it looks quite similar n tat e real ones r all sold out!

So now, I carry the bag.. So satisfied n happy!! Was thinking if I bought e new Nokia range, will have a matching phone as well.. haha.. (dun worry it's just a thought) My fren was commentin whether i'll find a white/ gold nike shoe to match.. haha

Mei