Thursday, September 01, 2005

Thank You

Thanks for all the support for this blog, now that it has received 1000 hits ( something that I have been looking forward to, and this happens within 3 months, this was quite amazing to me), what a “milestone”! On this journey of writing this, although I have lost much precious sleeping time, I gain a lot in the process. From the beginning, I endeavoured to publish twice a week and with my pretty hectic schedule, this proves to be a great challenge, yet it was never a drag or burden, but a moment of reflection, thanksgiving, discussion and point of contact with my friends and loved ones.

Twice a week I would ponder on what to write, what to draw, hopefully something refreshing, light hearted that brightens the day. You might have noticed that for every article there would be an accompanying drawing. However, perhaps for the 1st time so far, no picture is published today, but a new background is prepared for you. Why this background you would ask? For green represents newness of life, therefore this marks a new beginning in my life, a new chapter for the blog as well.

Indeed, many new things are happening around me and I am still trying to reconcile with this fact. My flat is almost done, and I would be moving in, in 2 weeks’ time. Sudden moments of emptiness fall upon my heart several times for the past few weeks, and caught me by surprise, as this would be the first time that this huge family will be staying apart, and I would be living away from my beloved little friends, my niece and nephews.

On top of this, new challenges face me everyday in my work, projects that I have never done before, a sense of stepping into the realm of the unknown overwhelms me and yet great expectancy of something exciting awaits me as well. I felt as if I am moving into a new phase in my career.

Just as there are climatic seasons (though we cannot say much about this in Singapore), there seems to be seasonal changes to life itself too. Seasons of meeting different group of people, establishing different types of relationship, and this is just one of those seasons I felt. Different circles of friends come and go, not that we are no longer friends, but some who used to be so close seem so distant now. Those days when I would normally hang around dear friends after church service for prolonged lunch sessions, or wonderful times at the karaoke, or even a really late night movie seem so uncommon these days. Is it because everyone is busy or is it due to my inability or my “busyness” that hinders me to catch up with them? I ponder.


My “long time ago” planned trip to Melbourne to visit a dear dear friend is long due and over, and has been postponed several times. Not sure when it will truly come to pass. I hope soon. Somehow I knew deep within my heart, my dear Jesus is silently reminding me “let go, and go enjoy a long good break”. Truly it is time to rest, guess this break is long overdue. The long overdue break should be fulfilled in a month or 2 after I have finally settled down in my new place and I should be flying off for a holiday. Meanwhile, I will be casting all my cares upon Jesus, for He cares for me. Soon, my break, soon. Yet He is my true break now.

No comments: