Saturday, March 20, 2010

In Taiwan, In The Beginning

1st Day
We are finally here in Taipei, and we have started one of our favourite activities on the first day, shopping.... pretty tiring.... Staying near Ximending is a plus point, as the ladies can go shopping there while a few of us can just go back earlier to hotel to rest.

2nd Day
It is a busy day. We visited Yehliu yesterday, a beautiful natural site at the coast, with interesting landform due to erosion. We then proceeded to Jiufen old street and Jinguashi. This is my 3rd visit to Jiufen, a place I like very much due to its culture and architecture, but strange, my family did not seem very fancinated by the place. At Jinguashi, we did not attempt visiting the gold mine.... too lazy to climb.

We dropped by the Gold waterfall, it was beautiful, and we headed to Yangmingshan late in the evening to see the flower festival. And our last stop was at Shilin Night Market. A very packed day. I was not feeling very well, likely due to lack of proper sleep the night before. A good sleep will do me good, by the healing power of God, and indeed it is so.

cheers... Today we are embarking on the 3rd Day, a day of shopping for local products....

Shalom to my family back in Singapore, we will enjoy ourselves... Jesus loves you!

1 comment:

ximoon said...

Hi, thank you for your sharing…
I’m a student and research about of the Taiwan’s Shilin Night Market, can you please help me to do a survey regarding on your view of Shilin Night Market, and the website as below as:
http://www.my3q.com/home2/327/ximoon/72104.phtml
Thank you for your helping, and wish you have a nice day. ^^