Friday, May 11, 2007

Hi from Beijing 你好!

I have been in Beijing, coming close to a week. Life here is busy, but less stressful than the past, as I was only studying and designing one project at a time. It was quite a fruitful week, testing out new ideas, and seeing the ideas through the eyes of the individuals I am working with (but exerting my influence over their products subtlely), and thereby creating a new synergy of design. This method works quite well, I saw what I visualised internally through others. Yet the sad thing is although the concept was quite crystalised within 2 days while we were still in Singapore, the actual design process was only 2 working days in Beijing. God has been extremely faithful, the ideas came, the design broke forth, and the scheme was completed within 4 days here. The only sad part of it is that with such a short time, the idea was not given an opportunity to mature and harmonise, therefore the scheme does show forth a little non-uniformity... Given a little more time, some effort will be taken to unite the whole design scheme to one common identity with varied faces, utilising the concept to a further stage.

Therefore this marks the beginning of my tour of Beijing. For the past 4 days, I have been just going to office, back to the apartment, and been to the site once. Life has been pretty much a routine, deciding what breakfast to eat, what should we have for dinner, and what we need to complete each day, to ensure that there is no delay. Yet I am beginning to ponder, is this what I really want in life? Is achievement in my profession the utmost thing on my list? Selah. I doubt so.


Reading a little bit more at night, waiting for my hair to dry, causes me to think a little again. "My thoughts are not your thoughts..." What is my Shepherd's plan for me, His thought for me, I ponder. I am in a stage of my life thinking a lot, yet being physically occupied is actually good for me, especially when I am doing what I always think I like to do may help to make everything clearer.

I didn't have time to draw anything for the journal today, but I do have a very funny image, which I would illustrate when I am back home. Meanwhile, everyone at home, love and miss you all. I am well, going to go walk walk and shop already tomorrow, yeah, Beijing, here I come! See you all next week! And also, Happy Mother's Day to my lovely Mom, I miss you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?