Saturday, April 22, 2006

My Favourite Theme

For most of my journals and illustrations, one can see a great part of them with the sheep or little lamb as the lead character, and subtle portrayal of its Shepherd with His backview, reflection or His hands.

This illustration above has come a long way. I was very moved by the sermon I heard on Easter Sunday, with my pastor explaining the Shepherd and the sheep relationship, a closeness that I treasure very much, in fact, more and more through the years. A relationship that I often would picture myself as, just a little lamb with my Shepherd, to me, that is the safest and best place to be in.

Yet, I had a bad attempt drawing the above a few weeks ago, initially it was meant to be a birthday gift illustration for a friend, but partly due to the fact that I did not have time, the idea was abandoned. However, since last Sunday, also having read in the bible the promise that no one is able to snatch the sheep out of the Shepherd's hand, I decided to redraw this idea properly. I started with a simple pencil sketch, and I attempted to colour it on Tuesday, yet was unable to finish it, until today. I supposed this is the longest length of time I took to draw the "little lamb" theme.

I used to think that I would soon run out of idea for this theme, but this theme itself is simply amazing, now that I am already in the 11th month since the beginning of this blog, I am still in the running of this. In fact, the theme may still run for another year or so? There are also a few dear friends who often visit this blog, suggesting that I can even use the lamb illustrations for products, and even hold a solo exhibition with them! (How amazing and big their ideas are to me! But why not? I am supposed to think big for my Shepherd is more than able to meet all my dreams!) Above all, my greatest "little" dream is perhaps one day all these illustrations can be compiled into a book, and as one picks up the book, it will put a smile on one's face or brighten up one's day. Just a little dream, food for thought. Any sponsor?


And meanwhile, I am still in the running, celebrating the 1st anniversary for the "Sheepish Day Dream" in the month of May. Any suggestion as to how to change the look? Anyone? And pals, thanks for always dropping by as and when you are free, leaving a few short comments here and there, they do mean a lot! I like to read comments, hint hint... Have a blessed week ahead! You are in the Shepherd's hand!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

=) i enjoy the little sheep series too, very much indeed. Yeh, He holds us dearly in His hands and we are safe in Him. When your little BIG dream is fulfilled, I'll be one sure person to grab copies of it!! =)

- nette

dorcas said...

i do love these cute sheep drawings..! may de Lord keep giving u inspirations, ptl!

Wong Shih Yaw, Abraham said...

Hi, you can apply for NAC publishing grant now available. Can check their website. Really encourage you to go ahead with the printing, as you have been very committed to it. We are looking forward to it.:)
Abraham Wong & Jiahui