Friday, April 14, 2006

Dreams

Wondering why but for the past few days I have been dreaming quite a bit, perhaps it is because I slept more for the past week (8 hours sleep) or maybe I was too tired in the past to ever remember my dreams upon waking up.

I mentioned previously that I dreamt of visiting the Niagaras Falls in my previous journal? Last night, or rather this morning, I dreamt I was in a car, not sure who was I with, but we passed by a beautiful sunset with the reflection of the sun, the orangey sky reflected on the still water, with some fog and little empty boats. I remembered myself exclaiming “wow so beautiful!” And then we passed by the next scene, another beautiful view, though I could not recall what it was this time. So this explains why the above sketch, a very serene quiet image that I saw in my dream last night, which stayed on my mind till today. This is perhaps the best way I know how to capture my dream into reality.

Yet, in life itself, from young, I was and still am a dreamer, in real awoken life, not just in my sleep. As a kid, I loved to let my mind wander off, dreaming, while staring at the sky, be it a cloudy day or at night. When I looked at the fluffy clouds, almost without fail, I could see images of familiar objects or animals in them. And when at night, while staring into the dark, starry sky, I would then start wondering is there someone out there looking at me from those stars, and pondered on very deep topics like why was I created? What is the purpose for living? Is that all to life? What is life after now? Young as I was then, perhaps less than 10 years of age, I dreamt and pondered a lot. Partly because I was the youngest in the family, with my youngest older brother 11 years older, and I don’t have many playmates when at home except my neighbours who were also schooling.

Besides all these serious almost scary questions that I pondered on, being spoilt with lots of toys by my father, I loved to dream. I talked to my toys, making them talk to one another, built imaginary houses with Lego, and majong tiles, with books, and even drew my multi-storey apartment with openable doors and windows, and little paper rabbits and other animals which lived in the apartment, and played the toys I made with my friends.

However, as I grew up, somehow, I seemed to dismiss dreams, thinking that dreams are just dreams, though I still dream a lot. Yet as I looked back those years in the past, many of my dreams have come to pass. Those “scary” questions I no longer ponder on, because I have found the answer. And those toys I made, they seem to have become reality in my working life. As for dreams for my family to come to know the reason for living, they too have come to know the purpose.

On this special day, I remembered the dearest Dreamer in the whole Universe, He dreamt of a family, a huge family that He can pour His love on. He went on to create what He dreamt, and that process was not easy, as His creations could not understand His unconditional love and they were fearful and even hateful towards Him, moving towards the direction of self destruction. Yet despite of it all, He loves them till the end, beyond our puny human comprehension and on this special day, 2000 years ago, He died to block the way to their self-destruction and directed them with His death to His home. He is the true Master Dreamer, and He never gave up His dream to see us saved and resting in His arms, and now His dream has become reality! So do you, do not give up your dreams! Blessed Good Friday!

No comments: