Monday, May 30, 2005

My Day: Dreams Do Come True!

Today I took a day off from work, decided to give myself a gift - a break. No special plan in mind. Perhaps to sleep late, which I can't possibly do on a normal weekday. Draw and paint a little, when was the last time I paint? Read a book, I think I possibly have 5 new books right next to me that I have yet to read. Play my guitar, which is by now pretty dusty, sitting in a lonely corner in my room. Perhaps, also spend some time with family, go shopping and have lunch....

The above is precisely what I did. Please bear with me today, for this is MY DAY! I just want to give a simple run down of what I did... before I touch on the main gist of it.

Woke up at 9am, with intermittent alarms. (Thanks to all my dear friends and beloved family, I started to receive birthday smses since about 1am....in the wee hours of the night!!!.... Friend, if you are reading this, you should know who you are....) I did a quick count, about 20 smses...not too bad...perhaps you all have more on your birthday... thanks....I hope I replied everyone. How technology connects us these days, though not sure whether this is good or bad.

Talking about painting, perhaps the interest developed when I was about 5, when my teacher commented on my drawing skill... How true in life, that some simple comments one passed could mean a lot to someone when one grew up... or even determine which path one would finally take... the comment did however move me towards the art field...Perhaps I would elaborate more on this next time... This can take a few days’ journals to complete...

Anyway, I took out my watercolor painting kit, truly, it was dusty... I have sort of made up my mind today (friends, please help remind me of this though), to improve my skill in this area... I think watercolor is still better for comics... I am still searching for the media that suits me... some of these are done in photoshop... which media do you think is better?... I finished 2 pieces today... but for now I will post the one done in photoshop... the watercolor piece will be posted on Wednesday, stay tune…

Had a GIANT earthquake, caught a short afternoon nap, read a bit, played guitar... and now I am writing my blog...

Perhaps the greatest surprise I had today was to receive a birthday email from my student. I believe not many of you knew that I was a teacher before... (I taught a Primary 3 class for about 5 months, 7 or 8 years ago). We exchange msn contact and we chatted online, only to find out that she is already in Polytechnic. How time flies! How interesting, it seems almost divine that somehow, someway... some people that you thought you will never meet again will still cross your path...

Anyway, the above is just a simple summary of my day today… nothing spectacular, but to me, the way it goes was what I wanted, (wishing there are 36 hours)… In our busy schedule in life, we tend to miss out some simple pleasures that we used to cherish in the past, fun does not have to be expensive or complicated. Can you remember when was the last time you did what you like? Or do you still keep your childhood hobby, be it stamp collecting, playing a sport such as badminton? What you enjoy doing in the past and re-doing them again is itself a re-discovery of yourself. Do pick up what you enjoy doing in the past again… This is my prayer for you…may you find great joy… Don’t give up on your dream…keep dreaming…because through this way would you always look forward to a BRAND NEW DAY! And surely, DREAMS DO COME TRUE!

No comments: